I must say I am not the biggest fan of vegetables, but I am trying new recipes to actually get to like it! This one was a real success. Super easy, fast and tasty.
Apart from all that, you can make your own adaptations putting in whatever you like.
You will need..
- 2 Medium Aubergines
- 500gr Ground beef
- 1 Bell pepper (I used the yellow one)
- 200gr Feta cheese
- 200ml Tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- garlic powder
- This is where it sounds more intense but it is actually really simple.
- Wash all your vegetables. Take the top (green)of the aubergine and chop it in half, then make a whole in it with the help of a spoon until you have around 0,5 cm left from the outside of the aubergine.
- Chop the inside you took out of the aubergine, bell pepper and feta cheese. Here you can add all vegetables you want.
- In a saucepan fry the aubergine and bell pepper with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix the fried vegetables with the ground beef and some more salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Fill the aubergine with the mixture and lay it on an oven in a deep tray filled ⅓ with seasoned tomato sauce. You can either buy it done, or get plain sauce and mix in your favorite herbs.
- Shove it into the oven for about 30min to 200°C.
The last step is to enjoy this delicious dish. It serves 2 to 3 people!
Post note: If you have some meat mixture leftovers you can do small pads with it and bake it in the oven together with the aubergine. I dod it only with meat and feta cheese, in case the aubergine was not my thing 😉
I doesn’t look amazing, but I can assure you it is extremely tasty. Let me know if you are more of a meat or vegetable lover! Was it as easy as I found it?