When you live and you cook…
I personally find it really hard to keep up diets for more than 2 weeks and end up getting back to old habits. That’s why this year (as many of you), I decided to try again and be more healthy and hopefully lose some weight in the process, but not give up on anything I like. With that said, here are some recipes I tried and loved that are healthy, fast and actually tasty!
This are a great idea my dear mother had once I had my stomach surgery and started eating solids again. It consists of a chicken pad with oatmeal. Filled with protein and amazing flavor.
Portion: 5 Chicken burgers
You will need:
- 500gr Chicken breast
- 5/6 TS Oatmeal
- 1 clove of Garlic or ½ Tea spoon of garlic powder
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 ℃;
- Ground the chicken breasts in a mixer or food processor until it looks like almost a dough;
- With your hands or the help of a hand or standing mixer, mix the grounded chicken breast with the oatmeal, the condiments and chopped parsley. If you like you can also use some onions;
- Once it is all combined, prepare the burgers and put them in a baking sheet laid with parchment paper;
- Put the pads in the oven and let it bake for around 15/ 20 min. or until light brown on top.
Extra Tips: Don’t let it overcook, otherwise this will get really hard and not so smooth to eat. After all it is chicken!
I first tried this wraps on New Year’s eve and they are so fast to make and so delicious I had to try them again. This time on my own and it worked out great!
Portion: You can do as many as you want and portion the meat you will put inside.
You will need:
- Full grain Wraps
- Low fat cream cheese
- Smoked salmon filet / Chicken breast/ Parma ham
- Baby Spinach leaves
- Lay the wraps on a clean surface down and spread the cream cheese throughout it;
- Put the spinach leaves in the middle and then the meat you choose;
- You can sprinkle some salt and pepper over it and then close it making it look like a tube;
- Cut it in half on the diagonal to make it look fancy or in small pieces to serve more people.
- Do not keep on the fridge. make it and eat it, otherwise the wrap dough gets really weird.
This a well known recipe, well, not even a recipe, just a bowl filled with fruits, but I will tell you a small secret to make it even better!
Portion: A Big bowl of it. Should feed 4 grown-ups.
You will need:
- 3 Apples
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Tangerines
- 250 gr Green seedless grapes
- 100 gr Blueberries
* You can use whatever fruits you like. Just make sure you mix sweet and citrus to get the perfect mix.
The secret: ½ cup orange juice and if you like some honey on the top!
- Wash all the fruits that you will use with the peels on;
- Chop the apples, tangerines and bananas into small pieces and put it into a big bowl;
- Mix in the grapes and blueberries;
- Add the orange juice and mix it all really well;
- Serve it cold. When serving you can add a little bit of honey on top to make it extra special!
This small nests are perfect for breakfast, a light dinner or an afternoon snack. Fast, delicious and can be changed if you need more variety.
Portion: 8 nests
You will need:
- Big chicken/ ham slices (one per nest)
- 4 large eggs
- 8 TS of low fat milk or yogurt (2 TS per egg)
- Optional: shredded Cheese, tomatoes, peas, corn and bell pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 180℃
- Lay the chicken ham on a cupcake form (metal or silicone, it doesn’t matter)
- In a medium bowl mix the eggs, milk or yogurt, salt, pepper, orégano and whatever you choose to put inside of it;
- If you choose to put a lot of extras you might need more eggs and milk;
- With the help of a spoon or ice cream scoop put the mixture inside the chicken breast ham in the cupcake form. Don’t feel it until the top because it will rise a bit;
- Bake it for around 15 minutes or until you stick a knife on it and it comes out clean;
- Let it rest, it will deflate and it is ready to eat.
- You can keep it on the fridge for up until 2 days.
Are you also starting 2017 healthy and happy? Do you have any recipes you would like to learn or even teach me? Let me know on the comments.
2 Replies to “FFR – Fast Fitness Recipes”
Grandes decisoes com grande ideias. Adorei e vou seguir. Bei
They look like delicious